For 30+ years helping give children a foundation in SanĀtana Dharma, Indic Languages, Indian Fine arts, Yoga and more.
For 18 and above, we help learn Sanskrit Basics, Chanting, Folk Dancing, .
Vidya Vikas school announces In-Person Classes 2022 - 23.
Class Timings: Sundays 1 hour each. SAT and Tamil 2 hours.
Classes start August 21, 2022
Click here for more details
- Final days for the Vidya Vikas school year Registration 2022-2023
- Two new classes launched – Music Keyboard and Yoga classes for parents/18+
Click here to register
Temple donations are non refundable. Vidya Vikas classes have been deep cleaned and air-oxygenated. Masks are recommended.
To create a passion and desire in the hearts and minds of the younger generation to learn, understand, practice and appreciate Hinduism, Indian heritage, languages and culture. We provide children from pre-school age upto high-school a foundation in Sanātana dharma, Indic Languages (Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Marathi, Tamil and Telugu), arts, and Yoga. Seeds of knowledge, form the path to higher values, spiritual development and worldly success for the next generation. We cater to ages 18 and above too, with Sanskrit conversational, Gita Study, chanting, bhajan, dance and Yoga classes.
School year is from August to May every year. First day of School for 2021-2022 is Aug 22, 2021. Vidya Vikas classes are held every Sunday 9:00AM – 2:15 PM.
benefits of enrolling childREN at vidya vikas
- As the kids grow up we (Parents) will come across various other cultures given the kind of society & environment we are in.
- As a parent we typically focus on getting our kids well educated in all areas of life. Spiritual aspect & Culture aspect these 2 key ingredients usually gets missed and are overlooked.
- As the kids grow up they will have basic questions about their identity as a Hindu, and why practicing Hindu Dharma important.
- Some cultures are invasive and tend to have long term disruptive effects on our kids.
At Vidya Vikas
- We nurture the kids early on instill our culture and make our kids strong from inside. They will understand the broader aspects of Hinduism.
- We (Vidya Vikas) plant the seed of Dharma and strive our best for kids to feel proud being a Hindu.
- We cover the important scriptures like Rāmāyaṇa , Mahābhārata, Bhagavad-Gītā, or about Śiva Śhakti, Daśāvatāra, saints and more.
- We celebrate major festivals and also teach, encourage kids to participate in cultural events conducted at temple especially for kids.
- We are passionate about enriching our children with our rich Sanātana dharmic culture
What We Do
Children can enroll in a wide variety of classes that enrich their knowledge in Religion, Culture and other areas. Our advantage is they get the practical as well as visual knowledge
There is always something to do for EVERYONE who would like to volunteer their time. We offer numerous volunteer opportunities so children can get additional credit hours.
Celebrate with us the numerous festivals throughout the year in our Mandir. There is always an opportunity to participate/help/volunteer at whatever level you feel comfortable
Students can develop and sharpen Leadership skills by making presentations in class or help teachers as a Teaching Assistant. They can coordinate events, celebrations, lead teams during Annual cultural program or take leadership positions in the Youth Group Board. These are all great opportunities for growth and personality development.
Children are given so many opportunities to practice our religion and participate in all the different activities and festivals. They can participate in various pujas as well as practice their chanting or bhajan skills. Children and families practice to come to the temple atleast once a week.
By attending our classes children gain knowledge and a great a sense of community belonging. Eating lunch with friends in the Cultural Hall on Sundays after class, or participating in various events at the temple children develop a great sense of interpersonal relationships and community belonging.
“I have attended Vidya Vikas since I was 7 years old and have grown from a student to volunteering and assisting the same teachers I learnt from. This temple and school has become a family to me in that I’ve spent many occasions and festivals here at the temple celebrating with everyone and building close relationships. At Vidya Vikas, I learnt lessons from the Vedas through the teachings of Dr. Shah and I still draw from these discussions on a daily basis. I hope I can carry on these lessons with more students in the future.”